Sunday, May 29, 2011

Loving Your Enemies Even When They Persecute You


“I hate him,” Justin said. “Excuse me,” his mother asked the thirteen year old. “I hate him mom. Every time I go to school he picks on me, he talks about my clothes, my hair, and my looks, but mom I am just a normal person. Just like he is.” “Justin,” his mom said, “we need to talk. Meet me in the kitchen and bring your bible.” “Yes, mam,” he said.

A few minutes later he met him mom in the kitchen and asked her what was going on. “Justin, we need to talk about persecution, unconditional love, and forgiveness. It has been a while now you have been having trouble with this guy at school. The first thing that I would like to ask you, have you prayed for this guy? “No mam.” “Okay,” his mom said, “lets look in our bible, turn to, 1 Corinthians 13:4-7, I want you to read it to me, Justin.” He begins reading, “Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.”

“Justin,” his mother said I want you to remember these passages when you are getting persecuted at school. Show your enemies love, when they show you hate, smile when they laugh at you, show them that you keep your life lined up with the word of God, or else you will fall and become broken. Which is what they are trying their hardest to cause you to do. Now I would like for you to read to me Matthew 4:55, please.” Justin began to read, “But I tell you, Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you.” Justin’s mother could see that this conversation with Justin was beginning to touch his heart. “Through your angry, son, have you prayed for him?” “No mam,” he said. “Justin, I would like for you to read Luke 23:24, please. Justin went on to read, “Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they are doing." And they divided up his clothes by casting lots.”

“See sweetie, no matter what someone does to you, you should turn your cheek, forgive, and still love them, even through the strife they create for you. Christ had prayed for those who were murdering Him, it shouldn’t be hard to pray, and forgive those who persecute us. Lastly, I would like for you to read Romans 12:14 please.” Justin read, “Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse. I am so sorry mom, he said crying. I have never thought about how to love unconditionally even when times get tough, but you have clearly helped me understand these things, and I don’t hate him anymore, but by Christ’s love, I love him regardless of what he does or says to me.”

“Christ was so unselfish, and showed such unconditional love when He died on the cross for all of mankind, we should live our life the same way. Love one another without blemish, no matter the hurt they bring, you forgive them, and move on. If they continue, then continue to pray for them, and love them, not matter how much they may hate you. Many hated our loving, unselfish Christ, but He still died for them, for us, and all mankind in the entire world, with no regret. I will share one last thing with you son, Psalm 118: 24 This is the day which the Lord has brought about; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

Be glad my sweet son, and remember that although satan may use whomever, to create stumbling blocks for you, Christ is all powerful, and loves you unconditionally and always! I love you son!”

No comments:

Post a Comment